Monday, August 24, 2015

The Easiest Tex-Mex Cheese Enchiladas You'll Ever Make

I love dinner ideas that only take me a few minutes to throw together and then wait for it to cook.  My Mom taught me how to make these yummy cheese enchiladas many years ago and my family loves them.








Things you'll need:
20-30 corn tortillas
6 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion (completely optional)
1 15 oz can of Wolf Brand Chili (no beans)



Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.  Heat the chili in a small pot and stir in about 1/2 cup of water to thin it out.

While it is heating, finely chop the onion.

Put about 4-6 tortillas on a microwave safe plate or paper towel and microwave for about 1 minute.

Put about 2 spoonfuls of the chili at the bottom of of a 13 x 9 inch glass or metal pan and spread it around.

Put a small handful of shredded cheese and a little bit of onion into each heated tortilla.

Roll it up and place it in the pan.

Keep doing thing until the pan is full.

Then pour the remaining chili on top of all the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese and onions.

Feel free to leave the onions off of all or some, depending on your preference.  Then put them in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chili is bubbly.

You can serve this with whatever side dishes you like .... refried beans, mexican rice, etc.  


So, you can see why this meal is a family favorite and a quick "go to" recipe I can make in a hurry that everyone will love!

Please comment below if you make this and let me know how it turned out for you!  



4 comments:

  1. Those look yummy. I had never had enchiladas with chili till I met my husband. His mom always made ground beef and onions for the filling and covered it with chili and cheese. Anything covered with chili and cheese has to be awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I love this recipe because it is so quick and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...