Friday, August 21, 2015

It Smells So Good In Here!

For Mother's Day this year, David wanted to take me to a shop to buy a couple of dresses.  I told him I really didn't need any right now, and had kind of been thinking about making some candles, but I needed about $100 to get the supplies.  So instead of a new dress, I got candle making supplies for Mother's Day!  I was so excited!  I placed the order and the next week my box arrived.  I had everything I needed to make about 24 candles.  I thought, "Cool!  I'll make me some candles and maybe a few for Mom, and Krista (my awesome sister-in-law).  I can give away some at church and to neighbors!  This is gonna be fun!"

I posted on Facebook that I was making candles, and it just got crazy from there!  Next thing you know, everyone is wanting to know how much they are and do I sell them, etc.  I had orders for candles I hadn't even made yet.  So I set a price and made some labels and there started Aunt Sissy's Scent-sational Soy Candles!

As of today, I've probably sold about 200 candles and have about 24 scents.  After a special request for soy wax melts, I also started making those in clam shell molds. I've shipped candles and melts out to a bunch of different states.

I will say, that I LOVE making candles!  It's very relaxing!  It's also very time consuming, but I enjoy the quiet moments, late at night, after the kids have gone to bed.  It's just me, in the kitchen, making sweet smelling candles, and during the wait times for the wax to heat up and then cool back down, I can catch up on reading, or spend time with the Lord, praying and reading my Bible.

The best part of making candles is the smell it gives my house!  I love it on "Candle Day" when I'm making candles and the scents are filling the air!  Clean Cotton, Strawberry Shortcake, Pumpkin Souffle and Vanilla!  Mmmmm!  The boys will come in from outside and say, "It smells so good in here, Mom!"  They love it when I'm making candles.  In fact, the other day, I started cooking dinner and Josiah came over and said, "Mom, are you making candles?"  I said, "No, I'm making dinner."  He said, "NOOOOOOO!  You're making candles!"  That boy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your candles are flying out of there so quickly. I wish i had come over and got one before I came home. I may have to get Hannah to buy me some melts and send them. Bravo Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just tell me what scents you want and I'll get them to Hannah to send to you. :)

      Delete
  2. Do you sell fragrance oils that can be used in CP soap making?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...